The Z-NET Home Energy Assessments and Energy Savvy Upgrades Program is giving Hepburn Shire residents support to improve building comfort and running costs by tackling energy efficiency, providing energy audits and some funding for efficiency upgrades.
For those residents who are eligible for the program, you may be able to access a free assessment valued at $330 dollars and a subsidy from the State Government of up to $880 dollars. Led by Transition Creswick, this program is a great opportunity to make your home more comfortable and affordable to run.
The program does have some eligibility and prioritisation criteria, including:
- you are or have a residence in the Hepburn Shire.
- priority for free assessments and subsidies will be given to households experiencing financial or energy stress (i.e struggling to pay energy bills/other bills).
- capacity and willingness to co-pay for a part-subsidised upgrade.
- an interest in improving your home or rental property to reduce energy consumption and/or improve comfort.
- you are on a low income, are unemployed, have a long-term medical condition or disability or are caring for someone in these or similar circumstances.
Assessments are also available as a fee for service, if you wish to proceed with a paid audit.
If you live outside the Hepburn Shire, other resources are available and we encourage you to jump onto the State Governments’ Home Energy Assist webpage.
The Energy Savvy Upgrades component of the program uses a co-contribution model, where residents contribute 50% of the total value of the upgrades and the program contributes the other 50%. I.e where the total upgrades are $1760 – the resident will pay $880 and the government pays the other $880 (the maximum government subsidy). Furthermore, the program has been cleared by the Department to recommence with additional Covid-19 safety measures. These include that all assessors have a mitigations strategy and that they maintain a Contact Register of all participants.
If you would like to receive a Z-NET Audit and access Retrofit Support, please register via the form linked below.